Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Opus: Completed Model

I actually finished this model a while ago, but I didn't get any good semi-decent pictures of it, just some quick snaps I posted on 1HourANight and my other blog to prove I'd completed it! Anyway; here are the completed pictures with various WIP shots after the jump.







Something I did deliberately, but which no-one so far has noticed - the white designs on the red panels. I patterned them after the designs seen on certain T'au battlesuits and vehicles - because the Opus was built by an emancipated gue'vesa and so reflects (as does the Corvus itself, to be honest) T'au styling.


I have a lot of WIP pictures, many of which are almost identical, because I took a picture each day for the lads on 1HourANight, but I reproduce them all here.

Black undercoat and gun metal basecoat, from rattlecans

Pinwashing and panel lines with black ink

Basic gold washed with dark brown


Black edging on panels


Starting the red . . .


Masking areas off - regular masking tape & the red is a
craft, not modelling, paint


Many details, mostly transfers & decals


The white markings are DIY decal paper sprayed white


Painting the details . . .


. . . was a long . . .


. . . and tedious . . .


. . . and time-consuming . . .


. . . process!


The completed model, against a messy backdrop.


It's always a bit amazing something elegant can come out of chaos.


The last thing I did, like Danforth himself, was the name on the front

Let me know what you think!

=][= Danforth Laertes

No comments:

Post a Comment